A video series on the gig launching the first toolbox

Hello!

We will release the five ‘official’ first pieces that made the gig of last month on the project’s Youtube channel… and some explanations from the plenary we held around it too. I’ll update this thread with each new releases, but for now, there is an overview video made by the very talented Angela Guyton here: https://youtu.be/3GqYFDB425k

1 Like

If you have BBC radio, you can listen to the pieces by @rodrigo.constanzo and @leafcutterjohn on Saturday here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000c2s3

These videos look so fucking good. Sorry for the profanity but they do some serious justice for anyone who wasn’t around to experience plenary + concert. Amazing! Any chance the other pieces will be hearable somewhere?

2 Likes

All pieces have a similar “Ang-style” video… they are all great :wink: To respect the BBC’s first diffusion, we will publish them all a week after their airing… but if I don’t get dates for the other 3 soon from them soon I might decide to be naughty :wink:

We will also publish the 5 talks given explaining the ‘traces of fluid decomposition’ in their works.

Stay tuned!

1 Like

Got a real good plug on the BBC thing. It opens with @leafcutterjohn’s piece, and before that has a nice spiel about the project.

1 Like

Hello. For those who are interested, here is the first ‘making of’ video, by @rodrigo.constanzo

1 Like

The bbc is presenting Owen’s piece tonight! https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000cbcn

1 Like

The first full piece is now available, featuring @rodrigo.constanzo on snare!

2 Likes

oops, I’ve lost track here:

@leafcutterjohn’s performance:

@weefuzzy’s performance:

You can also see everyone’s talk in due time on this playlist thanks to @sam.gillies:

2 Likes

OK the last one is up: @pasquetje’s piece and explanation in the comment. Enjoy!

1 Like

do u have links to p’s and mine?

1 Like

Oh this thread is undisciplined!

Lauren’s

Olivier’s

1 Like

You can see above that there is a playlist for the ‘documentary’ presentations

Here is a playlist of the concert: an overview video followed by the 5 performances:

2 Likes

@weefuzzy says there will be a page on flucoma.org to present them all soon-ish as yet another portal into these amazing artists’ worlds.

If you have access to the BBC, @saguaro’s having a few wise words before her piece is performed this week:

2 Likes

Better late than never, my piece (which was played 2 days before in another gig but is part of the ‘first cohort’) is now launched this week. There are 2 online versions as well, one of which was made public today here. I’ve also added my talk to the list Traces of Fluid Decomposition so the curious ones could listen to the 6 pieces and their respective talks.

2 Likes

OK now that’s it, the 2nd version of my piece is public. This is the real premiere, 2 days before the other 5 pieces above… speaking of which, I wish we had recorded 2 versions of each of these 5 pieces too to be honest, there is so much to learn when comparing them - I’m lucky I heard the sound-checks :slight_smile:

1 Like

You should embed that (and all) videos! (unless embedding is disabled for the video, for whatever reason)

1 Like

I’ve embedded everyone else’s but for mine I feel a bit more self-aware :slight_smile: