Ideas for the Knowledge Exchange Platform Content - aka where you hit a learning wall yet want to know more

Some things off the top of my head:

-A detailed fluid.ampslice~ explanation/demo, that goes into detail about the odd edge cases. (A bunch of this should live in the helpfile/references, but pedagogically that should be there).

Or perhaps having a really in-depth walktrhough for each of the “slicing” paradigms you talk about in the paper(s) (temporal, objects, etc…).

-The interactive(ish) nmf thing that @weefuzzy demo’d at the last plenary would be great fleshed out. I’m sure that’s in progress anyways.

-Seeing detailed and in-depth “case studies” on there. I don’t know if this is part of the plan, but it would be great seeing extracted bits of code/patches/examples that people (not just the “composers”, but you guys as well) have worked out for specific kinds of approaches and material.

-In addition to having a reference-style ke where you can look at subjects in general, having something like the Ableton Learning Synths page, which you mentioned. By that I mainly mean having a walk-through tutorial type thing that isn’t too heavy on jargon, or rather increases the jargon as the tutorials go on.

1 Like