Making sense of fluid.ampslice~

I finally started using fluid.ampslice~, though it is in one of my auxiliary patches tied to some pitch analysis. I wanted to try to at least implement it somewhere to help me understand some of the parameters a bit better.

It works in this context as what I’m feeding it has super sharp transients, and it’s only a cog in a system of pitch tracking -> coll storage for later use, but tweaking the parameters still feels like shooting in the dark. I’m kind of poking at random when I change settings as to what kind of impact it’s having, and many settings that seem to work fine produce zipper noises in other places, so it’s still too much of a gamble to incorporate into my main patch/dsp stuff.

I’m imagining there will be no (significant) updates to this in terms of how it responds with “synthetic” material (i.e. where silence is computed from) and/or getting some general KE/diagram/clarification stuff before TB2/“the concert”, is that correct?

It’s a shame as this is one of the objects/ideas that I saw myself implementing immediately across all my patches (, particularly if tightly couple-able with fluid.loudness~ to get immediate loudness data).

edit: :frowning: