Pre-processing for (Training for real-time NMF)

Hehe, it doesn’t nearly have enough 1 0 -1 0 1 1 -1 -2 in there, otherwise I would agree!

Ok, so I tested putting together a few filterdesign filters yesterday and the results aren’t great.

The low end (140 highpass 5th order butterworth), and high squeal (20250-21000 bandstop 2nd order butterworth) are easy to take care of, but the overall “noise” is hard to get rid of. Even with a 20th order butterworth at 14k lets lots of noise through (and obviously cuts a lot of the highs).

This is what the noise looks like on its own:

Some 50Hz hum (+ what looks like a ton of harmonics), and that super high squeal, but lots of noise throughout.

So in terms of trying out the HIRT approach, firstly, would it be significantly more expensive than trying to filterdesign a solution? (I can still probably hand-make a bunch of bandstops for the hum + harmonics)

And secondly, which object handles extracting an IR from an audio file? As in, the equivalent of the Learn button in iZotope.

I’ve got the crop -> average -> invert -> minimum phase -> truncate workflow from the 2nd HIRT video, but I’ve only really used the toolbox when dealing with sweeps and physical measurement.

Here’s a sample of the noise on its own:
noise3.wav.zip (679.0 KB)