Rate of output values of “fluid.onsetfeature~”

Thanks a lot for the feedback. In my use case: hop size (256) > signal vector size (64). It is good to know that I do not have to worry about repetitions and that I can filter them.

In fact, I am trying to estimate the live BPM of a piano track. In another thread (BPM estimation from onset or onsetfeatures), I raised the issue and Rodrigo Constanzo provided me with some interesting hints filtering onset timings but it does not work very well with the piano tracks I am dealing with.

So, I have made some preliminary experiments using the tempogram approach and it seems to work much better in my case. In order to compute the tempogram, I have to compute the FFT of the onsetfeatures values. In order to deal with the low sampling rate of the onsetfeatures values, I write them in a buffer and then call the fluid.bufstft~ to compute the FFT.

So the point of the current thread is to be sure to write properly the onsetfeatures values into the buffer. I want to exactly write a single value per Hop. So my understanding is that I do not have to worry about the jitter and filter the repetitions. That is simple;)

Thanks again.

1 Like