OK this is both major (refactor and few new tools and speed and bug fixes) and minor (not many breaking changes)… and sooooo much work on our side
I hope you enjoy it. I might post my massive parallel patch tomorrow but now, it is time to celebrate. Mac only for now, sorry…
- KDTree is much faster
- AudioTransport is more accurate
- new UMAP dim redux
- new RobustScaler
- Max: native support of dictionaries (removing the need for dict.(de)serialise~)
- Max: behaviour of read and write are like native objects (brings menu if no path provided)
- SC: a new sync dance. Please see below for details:
- SC: no more name to DataSet and LabelSet
Many, many bug fixes, including crashing NMFMorph
SC: new non-realtime framework for improved performance and reliability, as well as fewer surprises. In some cases this means that previous behaviour with respect to server.sync is changed but the public interface remains almost unchanged. In particular
– calls to process (the non-blocking versions) in a Routine no longer block in the language. Where this behaviour is needed, there is a new .wait method that can be called on the object instance returned from process(), i.e.
Produces the equivalent of the old behaviour.
– For the second toolbox objects with realtime querying (KDTree etc), you no longer need to communicate via a bus. Instead, a UGen can be obtained directly from the object instance and used in a Synth, like ~tree.kr(…). See the updated help files for examples.