Using FluCoMa tools with reaper

I do only use the last ones you sent. But I don’t get any slicing.
Let me try some other scripts

nmf did work
with transientslice I’m getting the spinning beach ball, but no slices are produces. I tested it with a file, which has clear attacks.03

Awesome, this is super handy (the link as well as the general “catchup”), as our geek-out session earlier in the week didn’t end up in Reaper-land.

For a moment I was surprised and impressed that you had test audio files called “pizza”…

1 Like

Okay something wonky is afoot. Let me have a quick look when I get a break today.

1 Like

Hi @tutschku I made a mistake by mixing a different version of the tools and the scripts. This is why it wasn’t complaining but was also not giving the right kind of output.

If you would like to use the reaper scripts then use the files provided at this link:

Again, this includes executables and the scripts themselves.

https://cp.sync.com/dl/d070784f0/ntg2g5x6-acs2arsj-b4di6t8z-nd8ibcur

this will worth gold soon, illegal pre-releases :wink:

(btw, no problem for releasing this code, beta02 is coming out very soon, but some very exciting features need real thorough testing…)

Thanks for the new files. I replaced the executables (noted that their names don’t start with fluid- anymore).
Now I’m getting this error with noveltyslice and the new script.

and after running a hpss I’m receiving takes which are offline ?!?!

I guess something is still wrong with my installation.

Yes sorry, I intended to copy my Beta01 (the same as what is on box) executables which I keep next door to my bleeding edge ones. That’s my bad. I have now changed the files so Beta02 sneak peaks aren’t hosted in that link anymore. Again, I apologise for uploading them.

Hans, sorry there are so many issues with these scripts. I think it would be worth waiting for Beta02 which the newest versions of the scripts interface with. I hear it is soon and these don’t require me to cobble together older versions of the tools with half baked versions of the scripts. Nonetheless, I found a bug in the updated version because of you going through this so it’s been helpful if not for nothing.

Beta02 is almost there… but @jamesbradbury if it helps you, send what you have to @tutschku so you can both continue with your work! As long as you both know it might change in the next week, there is no problem putting them here!

OK. I will wait till beta 2 then.
One more question to @tremblap: you had a reaper script in python to randomly order sliced items. Does that script also exist as LUA?
If not, can you point me to the python version and your explanation on how to make it work. (Sorry I had a pretty bad Apple event this week where the replacement of a faulty key on the keyboard spiraled into replacing the logic board and I need now to re-install everything)

Sorry to hear about your computer issues.

http://www.no-tv.org/code/

is where the version in Python are. I should port them to Lua indeed, as I use them all the time!!! I know @jamesbradbury used them extensively to understand stuff, so maybe he’ll be tempted to port them, otherwise I’ll do that in the mid-term future.

There is a built in feature in REAPER which can be accessed by the action menu.

funny. I was just about to send this one

I guess, we have several options…

I did have some ideas in mind about using fluid.bufspectralshape~ and loudness~ to do some arrangement of slices…

2 Likes

then you can scavenge my scripts some more :wink: Imagine a conditional muting one: 1) segmenting, 2) some condition like loundness, pitchiness, noisiness, whatever, 3) mute the culprit

1 Like

I love this idea! Weekend lua time is happening now

Nice! I would split the task in 3 scripts: 1) the segmenting 2) the conditional, descriptor based selecting 3) the muting/deleting/manipulating

that way, granularity offers composers flexibility (to change various #2 for instance)

1 Like

I would LOVE to experiment with that. Looking forward to it.

1 Like