FFT's visually explained

I would say I am still relatively green to FFT’s compared to some of the other folk in here… :slight_smile:

This was really nice in explaining the concept from start to finish as well as how some of the process works.

2 Likes

This is very good and much less mathy - @weefuzzy will like this I reckon!

Thanks @jamesbradbury – how do you find this in comparison to the Circles, Sines and Signals site that @rodrigo.constanzo reccomends?

https://jackschaedler.github.io/circles-sines-signals/index.html

That link is more in-depth, more mathy and a much better explanation for those purposes, whereas the other one is more explorative and engaging through its interactivity. I particularly like the waveform drawing -> summed sines widget in the link I posted. If you are trying to gauge what kinds of materials people would be interested in, or see valuable in a KE context, I think that the latter provides an easier way into the transform because of the visual/touch aspect. I dislike the amount of unnecessary text in the first, but think that the headings tackle more use cases and corners of the FFT. Some combination of clean text, timely interactions and scaffolded depth would be perfect but I guess I am describing any good learning resource here. :^)

1 Like

This is quite cool.

It’s definitely a lighter, and more interactive version of the Circles, Sines and Signals thing. I do like what the interactiveness brings, and the more integrated scrolling-as-process-demonstration thing.

Being able to create/test arbitrary examples was cool too.

1 Like