Antivirus deleting files from FluidCorpusManipulation

Hello everyone,

First post here. I recently discovered FluCoMa and am excited to learn more about it and how others are using it.

I have tried installing the version for Max MSP but am having trouble. As soon as I downloaded the FluCoMa folder my antivirus software has been pinging every couple of minutes and alerting to a threat. An example message below:

An infected file attempted to run on your device.
Threat name: Gen:Variant.Lazy.164593
Path: /Users/myinfo/Documents/Max 8/Packages/FluidCorpusManipulation/externals/fluid.sines~.mxe64
We deleted the file to prevent malicious commands from being executed on your device.

So far it has deleted the following files:
fluid.bufflatten~.mxe64
fluid.bufselect~.mxe64
fluid.bufgain~.mxe64
fluid.messagetest~.mxe64
fluid.bufscale~.mxe64
fluid.stftpass~.mxe64
fluid.bufthresh~.mxe64
fluid.nmfmorph~.mxe64
fluid.sines~.mxe64
fluid.bufnoveltyslice~.mxe64
fluid.noveltyfeature~.mxe64

Any ideas on how to deal with this?

Thank you for your help!

Welcome @simoneghetti!

We haven’t come across this before, I’m glad to say: what anti-virus software is this?

Happily, the path /Users/myinfo/Documents/Max 8/Packages/FluidCorpusManipulation/ suggests that you’re on macOS? The anti-virus is moaning about the windows versions of the flucoma objects, so – other than the irritation – your access to the tools should be unaffected. If you like, just go into the externals folder of the package and delete all the .mxe64 files: this should calm the anti-virus down, I hope…

Hello and thank you @weefuzzy! This made my day!

The anti-virus program I am using is called Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac.

As you correctly guessed I am indeed working on a Mac OS. I will go ahead and delete the .mxe64 files as you suggested and be on my way.

Thank you for you the quick reply and help,

S

1 Like