Concatenative Synthesis SC

Hi FluCoMa team,
is there and existing SC patch example that explains how to implement concatenative synthesis data set comparison in SC?

Best regards!

Hello

There are many, but I’m not sure I understand your question. Can you provide an example of what flavour of concatenative synth you are referring to? For instance, audio driven query? or 2d visualisation and playback?

Thank you for your reply!
what i would like to perform is to trigger sound files from a corpus according to an incoming signal that matches spectral features (if possible, in real time)
The steps of matching data sets and triggering it is what i’m looking for.

I would like to know what you did here! audio control of a chaotic synth via MFCCs and MLP - YouTube (around minute 5:00)
kind of similar?

Best!

That’s a question for @tremblap :slight_smile:

Hello!

Thanks for the interest. Did you have a quick read through this article - it comes with example code doing exactly what you hear in that patch, in (garage) supercollider code (examples 05 and 06)

If anything is unclear, as questions away :slight_smile:

Thank you very much! Pierre and James, I will take a look at that article and see what can i get!
Best

feel free to come back to me with questions and ideas!

Hi Again!
I’m still trying to figure out how to implement a concatenative synthesis sc patch. Do you know if there is anywhere a SC code guide that explains this?

Best!

My questions above still apply: concatenative synthesis is a very vague term. Please describe what you are trying to do, in the light of the examples I sent you and what they don’t do, and then pointers will be easier to give!

Hi!
the only way I could refer to the problem is with this course where Ted Moore, in chapter number 10, explains a concatenative synthesis patch. Looks very promising but it is implemented in Max.

I don’t have access to this course - @tedmoore is an SC magician so that should help us :slight_smile:

Hi @CGB ,

Check out this:

audio_query_with_scaler.scd (11.3 KB)

Let me know what questions you have!

Best,

T

1 Like

Thank you very very much, Pierre and Ted,
checking this now!

best!