Out of the five ‘axises’ two are readable, and 2 make sense to me. All of them make sense in words, don’t read me wrong, I love them, especially if they are aurally significant (I need to hear them now) but the mapping:
- high-low makes no sense (would take it for brightness)
- ordered-chaotic makes sense but it could go further in messiness (with my music at least
- tonal-noisy is cheesy as hell - we should have homogenous colour palettes vs rainbow (which also makes sense with the brightness with lightness since dark sound are muddled up so a dark rainbow would look perceptually more unified)
- smooth coarse is almost ok - I want more circle on the left and more spikes on the right.
- homo-heterogeneous is another contender for a colour palette variation
I really, really like the kind of data reduction he is attempting though, so let’s keep the discussion open and we might find something that kind of make sense!
Now, I really want to see them (and proximity) on a real corpus!