FluidBufLoudness.kr 'blocking' argument

Greetings,

When FluidBufLoudness.kr calls ‘multiNew’ internally, it passes a ‘blocking’ argument that seems to upset SC and I don’t see it in other FluidBuf*.kr objects. I removed it and SuperCollider isn’t complaining anymore!

T

this is biz as i cannot reproduce and the blocking definitely needs to be passed on. It looks like you might have a mix of old and new classdef maybe. Do you get that on the helpfile examples?

My helpfiles don’t have a .kr example in them. Should they? Also, after taking out the blocking arg, it’s working now!

*kr { |source, startFrame = 0, numFrames = -1, startChan = 0, numChans = -1, features, kWeighting = 1, truePeak = 1, windowSize = 1024, hopSize = 512, trig = 1| ^this.multiNew('control', source, startFrame, numFrames, startChan, numChans, features, kWeighting, truePeak, windowSize, hopSize, trig /*,blocking:1*/); }
`

I think you should replace the FluCoMa extension folder with alpha04c since it should not work without blocking and all kr supporting ugens have an example in their help…

wait, I think you might be right. BufLoudness does not have a kr example. but my class def looks like this:

*kr { |source, startFrame = 0, numFrames = -1, startChan = 0, numChans = -1, features,  kWeighting = 1, truePeak = 1, windowSize = 1024, hopSize = 512, trig = 1|
        ^this.multiNew('control', source, startFrame, numFrames, startChan, numChans, features, kWeighting, truePeak, windowSize, hopSize, trig, blocking:0 );
    }

I’m going to bed now, but if you have a short bit of code that reproduces your problem I’ll look at it tomorrow

This threw it for me. Just once though. I noticed that in a FluidProcessSlices it would throw the error once per slice.

`
(
s.waitForBoot({
Task({
var loudnessbuf = Buffer(s);

s.sync;

{
		var sig = WhiteNoise.ar;
		var buf = LocalBuf(4410);
		RecordBuf.ar(sig,buf);
		FluidBufLoudness.kr(buf,features:loudnessbuf,trig:Impulse.kr(10));
	}.play;
}).play;

});
)
ERROR:
WARNING: keyword arg ‘blocking’ not found in call to Meta_UGen:multiNew
`
I’m pretty sure I’m on Alpha 4 c

Hello @tedmoore,

This is the same thing as we encountered with FluidBufCompose here. The problem is the keyword (because multiNew doesn’t understand it). So, just pass a 0 without blocking: before it.

1 Like

Strange that I don’t get the message. @weefuzzy I reckon a cleaning of the classes will be needed, I’ll put up a ticket so we don’t forget.

1 Like