Installation of TB2 / Troubleshooting

Hello all,

i just replaced the Flucoma Folder in the SC Extensions with the new TB2 Folder.
After Recompiling and booting the server i get several errors of this kind:
(Im on MacOS 10.13 with SC 3.11.)

*** ERROR: dlopen ‘/Users/janferreira/Library/Application Support/SuperCollider/Extensions/FluidCorpusManipulation/plugins/FluidBufNNDSVD.scx’ err 'dlopen(/Users/janferreira/Library/Application Support/SuperCollider/Extensions/FluidCorpusManipulation/plugins/FluidBufNNDSVD.scx, 2): Symbol not found: ____chkstk_darwin
Referenced from: /Users/janferreira/Library/Application Support/SuperCollider/Extensions/FluidCorpusManipulation/plugins/FluidBufNNDSVD.scx (which was built for Mac OS X 10.15)
Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

I then can for example look up the helpfile of FluidAudioTransport but when running it i do get the error:

“exception in GraphDef_Recv: UGen ‘FluidAudioTransport’ not installed.”

anything that should be done differently to use TB2 appropriately?

Thank you,
Jan

mac os 10.13 this will need a new compile I think we had this issue with Max. @weefuzzy will confirm I’m right because he knows things. Then we can maybe replace Alpha08 with a proper 10.9+ compatible compile, which was my error as I compiled on a ‘new’ mac with Catalina which I hate passionately.

In the meantime you can try alpha07 which will fullfil your audiotransport needs though

I see, then ill just resort to 7 in the meanwhile!
Thank you!

1 Like

so i tried this Alpha07 from here:

https://huddersfield.box.com/s/o1rozqmmzlfdskq58eyz69e2qs685kc8

but unfortunately got the same errors…

Hi @jan
I happened to have done a build yesterday against a fix for this. See if it fixes it: plugins only (just overwrite the existing .scx files)

It’s very kind of @tremblap to take the blame , but it was really a bug in my build scripts that only became apparent on 10.15

Just to be clear @jan these are alpha08 binaries you’ll need to reinstall the broken alpha08 first as some class definitions have changed (actually a lot) and alpha08 is much better in all shape or form :slight_smile:

ok i did so, and i can use audiotransport now, yay!:slight_smile:
there is still an error message when booting server, but far less then before. i guess the two plugins arent yet upadetd maybe?

*** Welcome to SuperCollider 3.11.0. *** For help press Cmd-D.
Booting server ‘localhost’ on address 127.0.0.1:57110.
*** ERROR: dlopen ‘/Users/janferreira/Library/Application Support/SuperCollider/Extensions/FluidCorpusManipulation/plugins/FluidMessageTest.scx’ err ‘dlopen(/Users/janferreira/Library/Application Support/SuperCollider/Extensions/FluidCorpusManipulation/plugins/FluidMessageTest.scx, 2): Symbol not found: ____chkstk_darwin
Referenced from: /Users/janferreira/Library/Application Support/SuperCollider/Extensions/FluidCorpusManipulation/plugins/FluidMessageTest.scx (which was built for Mac OS X 10.15)
in /Users/janferreira/Library/Application Support/SuperCollider/Extensions/FluidCorpusManipulation/plugins/FluidMessageTest.scx’
*** ERROR: dlopen ‘/Users/janferreira/Library/Application Support/SuperCollider/Extensions/FluidCorpusManipulation/plugins/FluidSubscriberProviderTest.scx’ err ‘dlopen(/Users/janferreira/Library/Application Support/SuperCollider/Extensions/FluidCorpusManipulation/plugins/FluidSubscriberProviderTest.scx, 2): Symbol not found: ____chkstk_darwin
Referenced from: /Users/janferreira/Library/Application Support/SuperCollider/Extensions/FluidCorpusManipulation/plugins/FluidSubscriberProviderTest.scx (which was built for Mac OS X 10.15)
in /Users/janferreira/Library/Application Support/SuperCollider/Extensions/FluidCorpusManipulation/plugins/FluidSubscriberProviderTest.scx’

anyhow, thank you both, ready to experiment now!
greetings,
jan

Looks like some plugins from the original faulty build remain in your plugins folder and should be deleted. These objects are only used for internal testing and aren’t meant to be included in release packages.

You can delete:

• FluidMessageTest.scx
  • FluidSubscriberProviderTest.scx