Pd on Linux - objects not instantiating?

Yes apparently, avx but not avx2. cli version runs ok on same machine. Here are the cpu flags if any use:

fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ht syscall nx mmxext fxsr_opt pdpe1gb rdtscp lm constant_tsc rep_good nopl nonstop_tsc extd_apicid aperfmperf pni pclmulqdq monitor ssse3 fma cx16 sse4_1 sse4_2 popcnt aes xsave avx f16c lahf_lm cmp_legacy svm extapic cr8_legacy abm sse4a misalignsse 3dnowprefetch osvw ibs xop skinit wdt lwp fma4 tce nodeid_msr tbm topoext perfctr_core perfctr_nb cpb hw_pstate ssbd vmmcall bmi1 arat npt lbrv svm_lock nrip_save tsc_scale vmcb_clean flushbyasid decodeassists pausefilter pfthreshold

Actually guessing the mention of AVX256Double in the gdb output implies AVX2.

Actually not - AVX256Double is refers to size of bits in the vector (64 * 4 = 256) which is standard AVX, and not AVX2.

It is possible there is some kind of memory alignment issue here - I’m not quite sure - the constructor that is crashing is quite simple…

Ah ok. Really low maxfftsize arguments make it not crash, eg [fluid.pitch~ 16] seems stable though I’ve not tested the actual signals, anything above 16 segfaults.

1 Like

I’m playing with fluid.bufcompose~ right now – whoop whoop :smiley_cat:
1st thing, got that [tabplay] looping,
This is going to be fun…

1 Like

Let me know if any of the formatting of the new ones is really non-idiomatic - I tried to make it clear… but feedback is welcome!

1 Like

Ok, will do - all good so far (like quite often with other peoples libs, it’s a matter of tuning in, initially).
I’m making notes as I go and have fixed a couple of boring typo’s - will share all deets once explored a little more…

1 Like

Thanks for catching that @richardK , fixed here now. Hadn’t realised (or noticed) that CMake on Linux was helpfully adding a lib prefix.

Yup, can reproduce :grimacing: It’s quite possible I’ve messed something else up with the linux build, especially if the CLI is working (and SC does) but these aren’t. Will investigate.

1 Like

@richardK @Julian Just an update – I’m pretty sure I’ve found the gremlins here. Currently giving the objects a more thorough testing on SC/PD/CLI in Linux than they’d obviously enjoyed first time round (sorry). Hope to have an updated build with you early this week.

2 Likes