Quick NMF toolbox

Hello!

I’m sharing a bit of a toolbox I needed to code to use my favourite examples from the helpfiles plus some interpolated additive synthesis from the various nmf decomposition. It was mostly for me, right in the middle of a compositional process where I wanted to be able to resynthesise dirty (noise) and clean (peaks) part of a complex sound, so having a quick way to record/import, mess about with fft and number of components until I was able to choose something I want my ear/poking, then process. It worked :slight_smile:

Special props to @weefuzzy for helping me to make the interpolation more streamline.

I left the explanation quite bare so this is for intermediate users and they should still be helpful. If not, feel free to ask and I’ll improve them accordingly.

pa

nmf-process-public-v1.zip (13.9 KB)

4 Likes

Sorry to bump an older topic but was looking at this earlier and got some error messages in the Max Console I was hoping you could help with?

When I open the patch in Max I immediately get:

fluid.buf2list: "buffer" is not a valid attribute argument

I can read a sound file into [buffer~ source 2000] and play it back in section C with the [play~ source] object. When I move to section B and press the decompose button the [fluid.bufnmf~] object factorises visibly but I get:

number: doesn't understand "buffer"

And I dont seem to be able to get any further than that.

Thanks for any pointers.

The syntax has changed quite drastically since then so none of that code will run as is sadly.

1 Like

indeed but fixing it won’t be long.

stay tuned!

1 Like

ok corrected. not the best UX but it works.
nmf-process-public-v2.zip (14.7 KB)

2 Likes