ReaComa : fails to run script

Hi,
I get this error when trying to run the fluid-hpss.lua script from within Reaper (OS 10.13.6)
Same thing happens on other scripts as well (nmf, onsetslice, etc)

/Applications/SC 3.12/sounds/ac guitar_m_hpss-h_165739786293151.wav failed to be made by the command line.
stack traceback:
… Support/REAPER/Scripts/ReaCoMa-1.0-master/lib/utils.lua:108: in function ‘utils.assert’
…Support/REAPER/Scripts/ReaCoMa-1.0-master/lib/layers.lua:32: in function ‘layers.exist’
…Support/REAPER/Scripts/ReaCoMa-1.0-master/fluid-hpss.lua:131: in main chunk

1 Like

Hi @Orestis,

Can you ensure for me you have the latest version of the command-line tools: version 1.0.2 and that ReaCoMa is pointed at these binaries?

Yes James, I updated to the latest 1.0.2, pointed to the binaries & I get the same error

/Applications/SC 3.12/sounds/120beat_mono_hpss-p_165772863474921.wav failed to be made by the command line.
stack traceback:
… Support/REAPER/Scripts/ReaCoMa-1.0-master/lib/utils.lua:108: in function ‘utils.assert’
…Support/REAPER/Scripts/ReaCoMa-1.0-master/lib/layers.lua:32: in function ‘layers.exist’
…Support/REAPER/Scripts/ReaCoMa-1.0-master/fluid-hpss.lua:131: in main chunk

Oh, I see that you are using version 1.0 of ReaCoMa!

You’ve reminded me that I haven’t fixed any lingering bugs that would affect that release with various changes to the command line tools in version 1.0.

I’ll push a new version either now or the weekend sometime and flag you down when that happens. It’s an easy fix, I think… :pray:

Try this release if you don’t mind.

I think it should work!

mmm nope, now Reaper crashes and stops responding.

Do you get a crash report?

It may be that youre asking for a big job that will never complete now that it may be working :smile:

it is just a 1 sec soundfile, the task seems simple,
Reaper completely freezes

That means that it is processing. Which algorithm did you run?

I think I found the reason why its taking so long to process… give me a minute…

Try this one @Orestis

The issue was with how I was splitting strings.

fftsettings 1024 -1 -1 would become fftsettings 1024 1 1 which is an insanely small fft with an insanely small hop, which contributed to longer processing times.

This should have fixed that issue by matching the correct characters in the lua :gmatch call.

And for anyone geeking out on this from afar I now catch that sort of voodoo with a test…

Failure → test_utils.lua @ 151
Check space splitting is predictable Split spaces with other characters in them
test_utils.lua:158: Expected objects to be the same.
Passed in:
(table: 0x600001704000) {
  [1] = '1024'
 *[2] = '-1'
  [3] = '-1' }
Expected:
(table: 0x6000017040c0) {
  [1] = '1024'
 *[2] = '1'
  [3] = '1' }

alright I see, that seems to have fixed it !
thanks man

1 Like

No problem! Do give reacoma 2 a go sometime as well if you find reacoma 1 useful :slight_smile:

Hello – new user, first post, really not sure if this is the right place to post this bumping something old. I’m generally new to most of this (so I’m not sure if I made a mistake or missed something).

I’m encountering a similar problem as described in the other posts from a couple of years ago when I try to run scripts on a Reaper 714_x64-install (Win) using ReaCoMa-2.0-main. Are there any known issues for this, and fixes perhaps that I may not have found yet?

So far, I carefully followed all the instructions on the installation and usage tutorial (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcF_lssW2Tg), noting that this newer version of Reaper now asks to save a copy of the binaries in the scripts folder (so I did that too, plus saving them in the user directory as in the tutorial, is that a mistake already?)

As a result I’m getting a “binary folder invalid” / “default binary location does not contain valid binaries” message, stating the bin folder inside the Reaper scripts folder as the desired location, but double-checking the folder, the binaries are in that location, but apparently they are not recognised. This is followed by a “reacoma.lua:92: attempt to call a nil value (field ‘ImGui_GetVersion’)” message.

Any ideas what it could be or what to try next?

Thanks

Those instructions are actually relatively outdated, especially for version 2.

Can you try these instructions and see how you go?