I’m working on an installation and I’m looking for a way to process an audio buffer in Pure Data so that in a recorded voice, vowels and consonants are sent to separate outputs. I wanted to narrow down the search, and I imagined that this is something that can be done by separating harmonic and noisier spectra? Could you point roughly which of your documentation / objects I should have a look at?
Here is some loose data for the project:
- solo female voice, no other sounds
- spoken language is Portuguese (very rich in phonemes and colors), although could work with any language
- audio is pre-recorded, could also be pre-analysed to help the processing
- I would prefer processing to be real-time, because it will be controlled randomly. But f too taxing on cpu, it’s conceivable to have preprocessed files ready as well.
- CD audio quality/settings, each file around 1m long
- surely it won’t be possible to do a 100% clean cut between the 2 types of sounds, but ideally when playing both tracks together, the original file would sound.