Soundscaper - soundscape generation patch made with flucoma

I’ve completed a Max patch that relies pretty extensively on flucoma. Hopefully this will be of interest to some of you. Thanks to those who helped with my questions around the forums over the past while as I worked on this and especially to @tedmoore.

Download and instructional/demo videos are here:
https://www.taylorbrook.info/soundscaper

The download is about 350mb because of requires audio files.

5 Likes

Additionally, I put together a patch for cooking up the data as I made the Soundscaper that might be of interest here:
FlucomaAnalysis.zip (60.8 KB)

Hi,

Thanks for sharing !

It seems 2 abstractions are missing from your FlucomaAnalysis, though. Namely: brook_chromaslice and brook_chromagrains.

Best,
Julien

thanks for this - here’s they are added back in:
FlucomaAnalysis.zip (73.6 KB)

1 Like

Sorry for resuscitating an old thread, but this is a great example of parallel corpus queries with a very artistically-curated outlook to the question. I really love the quality of the documentation too, it is very inviting!

Moreover, your FluCoMa Analysis patch is a fantastic overview of multiple competing audio query. Any Max user wanting to compare the moving parts of corpus making, segmenting, describing and querying should take a peak. It took me some time to know where to play (it is not as documented as your finished patch) but it is great fun!

thanks again for sharing!

1 Like

thanks for this - yes, my goal was to make it so that soundscaper could be used by anyone, even without basic knowledge of MAX.

For the analysis objects, I have updated these quite a bit since posting and I’ll come back and post updated versions soon.

2 Likes

This is great, just found out about it! Looking forward to messing with it

1 Like