STFTs to Jitter matrixes and back - two issues

Hello,

I have finally completed the bidirectional conversion using JS. The data in the audio buffers before and the conversion to a Jitter matrix and after the back conversion appear to be the same. However, the audio time domain reconstruction at the output of fluid.bufstft~ has some clicks.

Could some STFT guru have a look and suggest some possible cause?

MSPJitter V2_1.zip (7.7 KB)

1 Like

Turns out that Discourse is really weird about letting one download attached js files: it thinks one is trying to execute them instead (perhaps it’s to do with the web server settings :person_shrugging: ). If you’re able, could you edit the post to just zip everything up instead? That will also be more reliable for preserving the names of files.

Done.

Thanks. Still missing jit2buf_RBV1.js?

In any case, I can make two general reccomondations if you want to resynthesise:

1. Don’t throw away the nyquist bin
  2. Use a smaller hop size

Otherwise reconstruction will be (possibly very) approximate…

Ah, sorry. This is corrected now.

I know about the hop size but it would at least reduce the sound duration by 2, so it’s not possible at the moment. I think it can have an acceptable sound but if you can have a look, it would be nice.

I’ve tried with a hop size of 512 but I still got a bad reconstruction from the Jitter matrix.

Also, I really can’t use the Nyquist band because my picture must be 512x512 pixels. But I add it with a zero magnitude to the matrix data when converting back to STFT data.

I didn’t get it to work yet, before having to move on to something else, but there’s definitely an off-by-one error in the counting somewhere in either of the js files. The 0th channel doesn’t seem to get filled in the reconstructed buffers.

1 Like

Ah, interesting. Gonna check that. Thank you, @weefuzzy .