Utils.lua:110: Fatal ReaCoMa error!

Hi all,

Just trying to run a ReaComa script (fluid-hpss.lua) in Reaper, and I keep getting the following error message (see screen grab). Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere, but I’m still very much a newbie to FluComa.

Hello!

That error is my least favourite one I put in :joy::scream: What it means is that when all the magic words were compiled in lua-land and passed to the command line it received nothing back. This can happen for all sorts of unfun reasons:

1. The input file is in a format that it didn’t expect (which doesn’t seem to be the case)
  2. The path to the file failed to be formed properly (more possible)
  3. It somehow told you that you it installed everything properly when it didn’t actually.

Would you be able to provide me with the source file and I can work with you backwards on solving this?

Oh and also, would you be able to let me know how you installed ReaCoMa @mick ? Was it via the script or did you follow the steps manually?

This sentence made my morning.

I have the same thing, and just to be clear, I haven’t taken much time to figure things out. BUT - I thought maybe it is because I am on M1 Mac, running Reaper and FluCoMa in Rosetta. I think something in the download process compiled to M1 though, and I am wondering if that is the issue.

I have very little evidence to back this up and it happened a month ago, so perhaps I am way off base. But I am wondering if the OP is also on M1.

Sam

Oh no you totally reminded me that this came up with someone else, I gave them binaries to use and then it worked. Thanks Sam I was racking my brain.

The CLI binaries have been lagging on the main branch but we have fresh shinies for everyone on the nightlies.

@spluta and @mick would you be up for installing these:

and then seeing if it works?

Hi James,

Thanks for your reply. I’ve installed the nightly releases and now I seem to be getting a slightly different error message …

Seems like something in the nightlies is not quite right as they need to have their permissions changed on the command line with chmod :scream:. That’s my fault as the person who maintains the continuous deployment…

To tide you over can you try these:

bin.zip (4.4 MB)

Hi James,

Thanks for that. Those binaries seem to do the trick now :+1:

1 Like

Woooo! Thanks for sticking with it. I have a fix for the other bugs so I’m really grateful for you pushing through :slight_smile:

1 Like