In the spirit of the thread on my HPSS/Transients-sliced granulator, here is a wavefolder I’ve been working on.
The comment about not using FluCoMa tools isn’t fully accurate as it turns out. I did use
fluid.loudness~ to try to improve my gain compensation, but it’s still not quite there.
I guess it’s the nature of wavefolding/shaping that you get pretty wild changes in gain as you adjust the parameters, particularly with ones like “creasing”. The gain compensation I’ve come up with works 100% perfectly…60% of the time. I’m kind of wondering if I should incorporate some pre/post
fluid.loudness~ “gain riding” to more automatically get things in the same ball park.
Either way, open to thoughts on this.
It’s a mix of a few different approaches. Some ideas I got from a patch from @tremblap, other’s from a bit of code that Randy shared from the Aalto prototype, which is itself based on some Buchla stuff, and finally some ideas from the Mannequins Cold Mac (which is also based on Buchla stuff).
wavefolder.zip (21.1 KB)