What are the objects implemented for pure data?

I was looking for the fluid.umap in the pd externals directory, and found only the help file. Does that mean that umap isn’t available for pure data? What about the rest of the objects?

Hi @mmmoth and welcome.

fluid.umap is part of the fluid_libmanipulation library (the extension of that file will depend on your platform). This also goes for fluid.dataset, fluid.labelset and the other externals that use these objects.

The library needs to be added to PD’s startup path; a brief explanation is available in quickstart.md or more detailed instructions are at Learn FluCoMa

hope this helps!

Thanks that’s helpful. Turns out i completely didn’t read the quickstart. I went through the github and got this : if [ declare -lib ], then the objects can be created.

Is it possible to get an already compiled version of the help docs? It seems that there’s a bug in flucoma-docs which is stopping successful compilation for me. Also the links on the flucoma website seems to open up the pages in a new tab instead of in the same tab, so every link is a new tab in the browser.

Thanks for the library, i look forward to trying it out !

Is it possible to get an already compiled version of the help docs? It seems that there’s a bug in flucoma-docs which is stopping successful compilation for me.

There’s a set in the docs folder of the release. Are you building everything from source? Anyway, yes, I can pass you a set of docs by DM if you need.

flucoma-docs is still a bit fiddly, apologies. Specifically, it’s never really been tested on Windows (but should work on macOS and, I think, Linux). What error are you getting? (In the interests of making it easier for people to roll their own)

Also the links on the flucoma website seems to open up the pages in a new tab instead of in the same tab, so every link is a new tab in the browser.

Thanks for spotting that, I’ve added an issue on github.

Ok, a dm here would be great! I’m building it on linux. I’ve put in a github issue on the flucoma-docs. I’m running through the introductory pd file now. There doesn’t seem to be anything like the Visualcorpus exploration patch though. Probably because pd has terrible graphics

I know mels are pretty lossy, but wasn’t there a mel2audio via a gan object somewhere?

Many thanks for filing an issue – I’ll follow that up on GH.

here doesn’t seem to be anything like the Visualcorpus exploration patch though. Probably because pd has terrible graphics

If it’s not committed yet, I know @tremblap has been working on something using fluid.plotter

Indeed - I thought it could be found in the Max video tutorials for now but it is messy so I think @jamesbradbury decided not to put it. Here are the same 4 starter patches to match the Max ones in the video tutorials, including a helper:

fluid.s2f.pd (1.6 KB)
2-1-2D-slicing.pd (2.2 KB)
2-2-2D-slicing.pd (3.6 KB)
2-3-2D-slicing.pd (5.4 KB)
2-4-2D-slicing.pd (5.7 KB)

We are redesigning all the helpfile content to streamline it - there will be soon a partial update and announcement and feedback and contribution request - stay tuned!

Just going to jump in here and say that if you wan’t to avoid the faff of compiling yourself and dealing wth our system of working on dev branches in git we now supply automated nightly builds:

This means you’ll get the tip of the development branch whenever we push to it without having to sort the compilation process out yourself. This should contain the documentation too and we’d love to hear if you find any bugs this way as we intend to use the automated builds more as we go forward. Great to have a pd user around too :slight_smile:

Thanks !! I’ll have to try everything out