1.0.6 is (almost) here - help needed and new process

Dear all

As the project funded period ends in a few days, we are trying a new method to release. The idea is that I run the automated tests on a pre-release, and if it passes, we make it an official public pre-release for people to test. If that is all successful after a week or two, then that becomes the new public release.

So for now, here we have version 1.0.6 pre-release…

“How can I help to finish the release?” might you ask? Well, 3 tiers of help are available:

basic use that instead of your current release and report any surprising behaviour here.

intermediate run all your code, and some example code from the folder, from the list below, on your OS, and report back here when done. I have to do it all before I consider it release-ready but any help is welcome to make that process faster.

advanced do PRs for bugs/typos/examples/release notes.

See the 1st comment for the release note in progress, and the 2nd comment for the list of things to do.

2 Likes

1.0.6 Release notes

New Features

• all: KNNregressor is now supporting multi-dimensional output, in effect now a drop-in replacement for MLPregressor

Breaking Changes

• SC: KDTree KR queries now support radius so parameter list has changed
  • SC: KNNregressor new multidimensional support breaks the KR queries: it returns in a buffer (in line with MLPregressor)

…and many bug fixes!

Things to do before the official release box is ticked:

• :white_check_mark: run example code folder on SC on MacOS
  • :white_check_mark: run example code folder on SC on Windows
  • :white_check_mark: run example code folder on SC on Linux
  • :white_check_mark: run help of specific object list (see attached file for the list) on Pd on MacOS
  • :white_check_mark: run help of specific object list on Pd on Windows
  • :white_check_mark: run help of specific object list on Pd on Linux
  • :white_check_mark: run help of specific object list (see attached file for the list) on Max on MacOS
  • :white_check_mark: run help of specific object list on Max on Windows
  • :white_check_mark: run basic sanity tests on CLI on MacOS (with @jamesbradbury 's unit testers)
  • :white_check_mark: run basic sanity tests on CLI on Windows
  • :white_check_mark: run basic sanity tests on CLI on Linux

rel-max-tester.maxpat (6.2 KB)
rel-pd-tester.pd (674 Bytes)
rel-cli-test-list.txt (160 Bytes)

Where do you want us to report concerns and bugs? Github best?

It looks like Github is a good place :slight_smile:

and fixed on the release. this new workflow is working well. keep sending stuff!

Sorry it takes so long, I’ve been busy with more urgent fires… any help is welcome but I hope to do the tests in the next week.

1 Like

the list is going down…

1 Like