Converting log-to-lin (and vice versa) for stats

I meant in terms of interface idea/design. Most definitely “not easy” to implement it…

It does default to something either way, so the open-ness comes in the ability to change it, not so much what the defaults are.

If a user(/“musician”) typically never sees the numbers themselves, as they would go from fluid.bufspectralstats~ into a fluid.dataset~ (quite likely with that abstraction/wrapper), wouldn’t log-log work best in just about every possibly way there? (Mainly thinking that all the data sanitization will just push around the linear-ness of the frequency domain representation, which isn’t good for matching)

Or maybe even @danieleghisi’s ears thing, though I never got around to playing with the old version and have no idea what it does in practice.

For now, and for various reasons, I’ll be using some kind of hybrid approach at most I’m running a parallel coll or entrymatcher since I’ll need access to meta-data and individual numbers, so I can just peek~ftompeek~ things that need changing.