After many months of hard work, we have at last a release candidate ready for your pleasure! Many, many things have changed, so we have made a curated changelog to focus on what matters. There is three small bugs left as far as we can tell, and a few help files to improve still, but let us know whatever you find (good or bad)
I hope you enjoy!
PA, Owen and Gerard
date: 31 March 2020
- BREAKING CHANGE: (buf)melbands how has normalised amplitude output option, on by default, which is independent of window and fft size
- (buf)NoveltySlice now has a minimum slice length parameter
- BREAKING CHANGE: (buf)sines now have new parameter names, and a new option to select which algorithm is used to track the sines. It also has improved sound quality and more refined thresholding.
- BREAKING CHANGE: (buf)AmpSlice is now 2 objects, (buf)AmpGate for the absolute, and (buf)AmpSlice for the relative
- (buf)AmpSlice and (buf)AmpGate has 0Hz highpassfreq to bypass the high pass filter.
- (Pd on Windows) now works
- BREAKING CHANGE: buf* processes now use the buffer’s sampling rate (or the SR attribute for Pd)
- BREAKING CHANGE: (buf)ampslice now works much faster and consistently but thresholds and times will have to be tweaked
- (Pd) BREAKING CHANGE: all non-real-time (buf) objects have lost the tilde (~) in their name to be consistent with the language conventions.
- BREAKING CHANGE: (buf)OnsetSlice latency reporting (rt) and offset (buf) are now more accurate but will have changed for similar threshold
- BREAKING CHANGE: (buf)NoveltySlice latency reporting (rt) and offset (buf) are now more accurate but will have changed for similar threshold
- (buf)HPSS speed is improved
- Many edge cases were found and sorted.
- (Max) parameters updates now behave all the time in real-time
- (SC) BREAKING CHANGE: bufnmf’s audio output destination buffer is renamed properly to resynth
- (Pd+CLI) documentation is now more accurate and consistently formatted
- cross reference between documents (see also)
- credits, references and acknowledgements are streamlined and consistent
- (Pd) better code for pinknoise abstraction
- (SC+Pd) most Max examples are now ported to the two other CCEs
- (SC) Gerard’s GUI demos of algorithms are now available
- (Mac) Notarization is not implemented yet, since most CCEs are working on workarounds…
- (SC) Current implementation of non-realtime objects does not work with remote servers
- (Win - SC) calling cancel on threaded non-realtime processes crashes scsynth