New release for all: 1.0.5

Hello

Here:

I hope Cycling will update the Package Manager version soon, but if you can’t wait, see on the GitHub pages.

1.0.5 release notes

New Objects

• (buf)SineFeature provides interpolated sinusoidal peak tracking, the first step of the algorithm in the (buf)Sines object

New Features

• DataSet now can do kNearest brute force search, convenient for one-off queries on moderately-sized datasets where the cost of building the KDTree is not worth it.
  • LabelSet print is now on par with DataSet’s
  • KDTree’s kNearestDist now has an optional (k) parameter

Interface Changes

• (buf)Sines trackingMethod is now trackMethod for interface consistency
  • Max/PD: parameters with non-fft Maxima, for instance MFCC numCoeffs, will now take the maximum needed at instantiation, in case of conflicting parameter settings.

Fixes and improvements

• Major memory allocation overhaul, should behave much better for SuperCollider real-time objects (although you may need to increase the server pool size more often)
  • (buf)Loudness true peak is now more efficient and accurate (see below for a caveat)
  • Fixes to all examples in help files and example folders
  • Many typos and small edge-case bugs

Known Bugs

• (buf)Loudness has some cases where the True Peak and Loudness overshoot by a small amount
  • (buf)Transient(Slice) will emit different values to 1.0.0 and is very slightly different in behaviour between different OSes
  • a few typos and help changes have been found in the release process - these are corrected on tip of dev should you want them
5 Likes

I’m really new to using PD externals, so I’m not sure if I’m overlooking something here, but there appear to be a bunch of externals (.pd_darwin) files not in the download for this.

I can’t get fluid.knnclassifier to instantiate, and checking the download folder there’s a ton that have .pd files, without corresponding .pd_darwin files.

Am I overlooking something here?

Did you follow this guide:

https://learn.flucoma.org/installation/pd/

2 Likes

I had not!

That does the trick.

1 Like